Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The search for something more...



After all the delegated routine work done at the office everyday, thoughts came rushing through my head that working as a secretary is a dead-end job and it won’t lead me to anything. This is the kind of job that I have put up with for a long time now. It felt like I’m being stack in one corner forever. True to say that we are all seeking something better and very few of us could say that we are truly contented with every aspect of our lives.

Sometimes I go nuts having to sit keeping my chair warm for long hours doing nothing. Not to mention losing my temper for having to get up bright and early everyday doing the same thing over and over again. But other times it’s like I’m really gung ho and in good spirits working all day long. I wonder why! It doesn’t matter what my boss thinks of me. After all I’m exactly doing my job the way it’s supposed. A little appreciation would do to boost my self worth.

In all honesty, for the many years I have been working as a secretary, learning to love your job is the key. If you look at the bright side, all else will be ok. If it weren’t because of my work right now then things wouldn’t be right for me. Being out of work is something that I wouldn’t dream of. Although sometimes it stressed me out that I couldn’t sleep at night.

You may think that I’m always whining and complaining about my job, which I do. This is actually sort of like my way of liking my job. I have to write it out and be able to balance and come up with what is really good for me. So whatever I have right now I just have to be content and comfortable with it. I have to be happy with my job because our stay in the Kingdom is not really guaranteed, and believing that the happier we are, the more successful we can be.

And every time I think that working as a secretary is a dead-end job. I’m gonna have to think and make a decision not to think that way again. I will keep making that decision until it’s no longer a decision, but a way of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tisay,

dapat talaga proud ka sa job mo kagaya ko *hehehe* i love my job! seriously, love ko talaga job ko - great boss and colleagues, production staff tapos meron pang ot. bonggacious di ba?

ayaw mo bang magteach dyan? try mo...

maiba tayo ng topic ha. last night when i got home from work, i saw this black spider near sa roller door ng garage namin. ang flashlight ko ay super nakatutok sa spider habang sinasara ko ang garahe namin *hehehe* takot pa naman ako sa spiders. binalikan ko today, wala sya. siguro nagpapakita lang ang engot na spider na'to tuwing dumarating ako galing work. di bale, naka-ready na ang spray ko *hehehe*

sige po, usap tayo later ganda.

get well soon!

ingatz

hugzzzz

9.49am
19.11.08

BoBoT said...

hi miss j,

thanks sa comment as always. u know i do love my job. i think i wouldnt be here for many years and counting if i actually didn't like it.
thanks again.
beware of the spider...hehe!

XO,

b