Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Suddenly Everything Has Changed...

In my entire stay in the Kingdom over the years had I remember the opportunity to get to know quite a lot of people, people that eventually become my friends and some of them I lost. It’s either they left the kingdom for good or just wandering around it's four corners waiting to be found. They come, they go. They come, they go. Any new person I meet, a new detail I encounter, a path uncovered becomes sign that seems to affirm that I am being led to a new life that awaits me. A recurring situation which I believed I had become a master of it in no time.

As people come by in our life without us knowing it, there are situations that are quite similar. I could hardly remember how many times I have move from one place to another except for the last one which happened a week ago. A feeling that everything else I was doing was pretty much a been-there-done-that situation. The decision of moving to a new room is always out of my control, although I may have the ability to delay and hold a few more weeks before finally moving out.

Just the idea of moving and the transitions somehow scare the hell out of me. One is being asked to leave one place and go to another. Never mind that the place I am leaving has become boring, transitions can still be daunting to say the least. You have to actually let go of your comfort zone and jump into another and build a new one until you reach the comfy side of it once and again. This last one, I have left behind so many memories that I was weary of bringing along with me. A decision that for the first time I felt like it’s actually right, no matter how exhausting it was. I just had to accept and embrace it and turn away from the things I am familiar with. I have to leave one place and go to another and not to live the exact same old life I was once had.

Situations like these, I feel like I am free again. Scary as it is, I must do it if I were to move forward because it is the path to growth, although the transition may not be that seamless.

No comments: