Sunday, January 20, 2008

I don't jog, we don't jog...


Guess what? I had my first jogging session last night with ML.

It’s my first time to do hardcore jogging. Coz I don’t usually jog. ML had been doing it religiously for a while now since winter season had started. I long been wanting to jog with him. But how am I going to do that. I got no running shoes. It’s strange coz I had quite a lot of shoes except for running shoes.

Some of my shoes I don’t consider them as running shoes.

Then Nike Sport Center at faisaliah mall went on sale so I took the chance to buy one for me, by half the price. Actually two pairs. Isn’t it a perfect opp. for me? At least I still have one incase the other pair goes busted.

We jogged for like 30-min straight with a few walks in between. It’s my first time, so how am I supposed to compete with him. I think it’s ok to do that. I mean, the walk in between thing. I just have to work it out next time.

With a few more jogging session with ML then I’d be fine. I’ll be able to keep up with him.

Wowwww, it amazing how it keeps my blood pumpin’. I was perspiring all over.

Btw, I had a few questions in mind. Are there any rules in jogging? Is there a proper breathing technique? What outfit to wear? Just a few questions, though!

Wikipedia.com answers some of them;

Jogging is a form of trotting or running at a slow or leisurely pace. The main intention is to increase fitness with less stress than actually running, instead of competition.

DEFINITION

The definition of jogging as compared with running is not standard. Dr. George Sheehan, a running expert, is quoted to have said "the difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank".[1] Others are usually more specific, defining jogging as running slower than 6mph (10 minute per mile pace, 10 km/h, 6 min/km).[2]

History

The term to jog/jogging as a form of exercise originated in England in the mid seventeenth century. This usage became common throughout the empire and in his 1884 novel 'My Run Home' the Australian author Rolf Boldrewood wrote 'your bedroom curtains were still drawn as I passed on my morning jog'.

In the United States jogging was also called "roadwork" when athletes in training such as boxers, customarily ran several miles each day as part of their conditioning. In New Zealand during the 1960s or 1970s the word "roadwork" was mostly supplanted by the word "jogging", promoted by the coach Arthur Lydiard, and this form of running became quite popular among many people at that time. University of Oregon track coach Bill Bowerman, after jogging with Lydiard in New Zealand, brought the concept of jogging as exercise to the United States in 1962. Bowerman published the book Jogging in 1966, and later updated the book for a 1967 republication. Bowerman established jogging programs for men and women of all ages. The popularity of these programs helped to spread the concept of jogging as an exercise for everyone throughout the United States.[3]

Exercise

Jogging is a "high-impact" exercise that places strain on the body, notably the joints of the knee. As a result, some people choose to take up "lower-impact" exercises such as stair climbing, swimming, cycling or walking instead of jogging.

Jogging is often used by serious runners as a means of active recovery during interval training. The runner who may just have completed a fast 400 metre repetition at a sub-5-minute mile pace, may drop to an 8-minute mile pace for a recovery lap.

Like other types of aerobic exercise, jogging is an excellent means of improving cardiovascular health, bone density and physical fitness.

I’m not officially a jogger yet, but I’ll be soon.

Today is the day people, today is the day when dark, twisty & lousy bobot disappears forever, and Bright and Shiny bobot takes his place.

Watch out!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss rapunzel-spears turned jogger,

uyyy nagpapaseksi *hehehe* so are you wearing your nike outfit? - nike dri-fit top, nike dry-fit shorts, nike socks and of course, your brand new nike running shoes? :)

good luck gurl. just do it! *hihihi*

kalokah ang jogging event mo ha. don't forget to do your warm up before and after jogging. ang mata... dapat diretso lang ang tingin ha *hehehe* baka mamaya iba ang tinitingnan mo sa daan *lol*

Kat said...

uy parang endorser ng Nike, ha! :)

i'm sure, after ng first jog mo, you had muscle pains..

anyway, don't forget to show us the new jogging get-up!

Anonymous said...

i say this is just one of the twists- a really good twist.:) hmmm. ill see more of that, specially now that u have ur jogging blues... jejeje. you're on the right track bezzie.

"break a leg" :)

BoBoT said...

hi J,

thanks bout kahapon ha..

love yah, love yah..

BoBoT said...

hi J,

thanks bout kahapon ha..

love yah, love yah..

BoBoT said...

di naman kat, on sale kc ang nike ngaun, eh murayta lng xa, so go na aketch, super buyla na.

i haven'y taken any photos kat eh. OA na kaau kung magdala pa ku ug camera samtang ga jogging, ipod ra ako dala, pra malingaw ku'g jog...hahahah

sakit jud akong mga kalawasan ron..pro nindot xa..

BoBoT said...

WOW, lalay, is that really u?...happyyyyy..first time mo mag comment dito..thank you thank you...sana tuloy tuloy na ito lay.

tnx sa col last nyt. OA sa 2 hrs usapan natin ah..tnx sa free call ng smart.

Anonymous said...

Poooooooooooota ka! Ms. Sportsfest ikaw ba iyan?! :) Potanto! :)

hihi

Nini, gora na akembang sa 13/14 Feb, I booked 12 pero baka baguhin ko pa. This calles for a change of season. Ning, ma mimiss kita gurly ahuhuhu. Im scuuured. :( huhu

Bantayan mo si jun, punieta kakapunin ko ng bonggang bongga ang matandang yun pag nabalitaan kong may kinakalantaring ibang bayot. Putangyon. :) echos! :)

Yun nga. Syasyasya, just droppin by, good luck sa career mo sa pag llydia de vega! ATTACK! :)

KRIS JASPER said...

I dont like jogging. I just dont know how to jog. hehe..

In the gym, i prefer using the cross trainer instead.

BoBoT said...

hi KrisJ,

i just want to know what it feels like to jog. ok naman pla..sarap ng feeling..hehe

Anonymous said...

helo bro wish i can jog too..but what with the 2 kids baka apason ko sa social services dre,..nice exercys yan bro kasi ako nga laki na tyan ko di na kasi makapag gym la na time...sarpa pang kumain at mag coke..regards bro love you lots..ingat