Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You've got a friend...







What would you do if few of your friends starts leaving? I mean real friends. This was the very question which came to me days ago the moment I learned that a few of my friends are leaving for good, really hit me since I’ve been feeling a bit down lately. I felt really sad knowing that they will leave us and knowing that they will be back sooner or later. There was the fear of being physically away from them and the loneliness it entails, of losing touch, of missing out and being irrelevant to their lives. I was even afraid I would go into a mild depression of sorts because of this.

Carole King's song, "You've Got A Friend" promises "Winter, spring, summer, or fall--all you've got to do is call--and I'll be there." Many people expect that their friends will always be there. They expect friendship to last forever.

Yet, friendships end and friends part company everyday. Unfortunately, even the best maintained friendships can end. Many end because of a change in personality or lifestyle when friends just drift apart and fade away with time. There is a retreat from self-disclosure and seeking out each other's company. Avoidance begins. The friendship slowly loses importance and finally disappears.

Yet the biggest threat to a friendship is change.

But don’t get me wrong here. The friendship I built with my friends over the years I can honestly say will last until the end of time.

To Jam, Mike, Vil & Poch and to all those friends of mine who are soon be leaving. I can assure you my friendship with you guys will last forever. I will never change and grow into a different person you’ll despise. I’d remain essentially to be the same person as I am when you met me.
If we change, we change into similar directions.

See you guys, whenever wherever!

12 comments:

mHeL said...

gurl i was deeply touch-ed by this posting because i know sooner or later i'll be following their footsteps.

but like what you have said we may be physically apart yet the spirit of friendship will remain in our heart and mind.

Anonymous said...

good luck to them. sana maging successful sila sa kanilang career.

i like your topic. this reminds me of ex-bes hmp!

nagsumbong yun bride-to-be friend ko about ex-bes. nagtatampo daw sa'kin dahil di ko na daw sya sinasama sa gmik. bakit ko naman sya isasama??? super badtrip nga ang siblings ko sa kanya saka family nya. kung di ba naman sya nagkalat ng tsismis eh di sana ok pa kami. hmp! sarap sapakin.

sana maglast ang friendship natin ha.

BoBoT said...

tnx mhel..

we'll remain friends forever..

BoBoT said...

kaloka si ex-bes j ha.

talagang poot pa rin ang nararamdaman mo until now..hahahaha

just have to move forward ok

of cors j, our friendship will last forever..

tnx mwah mwah

Anonymous said...

ay naku, sobrang poot talaga!

of course, i am moving forward. kaya nga iniwanan ko sya di ba? *bwahaha*

BoBoT said...

ok, gud to know J..hehe

hope u got my msg at gmail...

Kat said...

hm, ka-relate ko ani. i remember an ex-friend of mine. i suddenly just gave up trying to keep in touch because it seemed like a one-way effort. it's so true that friends remain friends despite change.

Anonymous said...

Hay, ang sweet mo naman na friend talaga. Pero totoo sinabi mo, biggest threat talaga sa friendship are changes....which is humanly kasi.

anyway Bobot, here's a HUG from an online friend in HOlland...you have a fine weekend, ok? *muah!*

BoBoT said...

thanks miss thess for droppin' comment at my blog. it's been a while eh. i know ur bc, its ok.

thanks. bless yah!!!

Anonymous said...

kamusta naman DRAMA QUEEN!? kalokah, enough with the drama nini, lalong nakaka sad. Apparently trying to avoid the matter is not the easiest thing to do. Si Jun lagi kong pineprenohan pag nagsisimula na sa mga routine nyang: "pano ka na sa jeddah, sino nang ganto, ganyan, chochorva eeklavu sa iyo chenelin bargals" kaloka! nasasad ako as days go by. but I have to be strong. Since hindi syang ang lumalabas na strong saming 2 ngaun, then it means I have to play the role. (Ndi ito Go-get-the-chains,hancuffs and shackles-kind-of-thing ha) yung role ng strong one ang ibig kong sabihin SABIJON! :) Nyeta!....

Sabi nga ni Samantha sa Sex and the city - An American Girl in Paris Part 1,:

"I'm gonna miss you, you cunt!" :)

BoBoT said...

ni, i'm brit ok. and brit's full of drama!!!! i just have to maintain my antics ok, ok ok...got that???

Anonymous said...

Nakakaloka ka na basa ko yong blog mo nakaka inis ka you made me cry again like what I did sa airport nong pauwikami ni Pochie, yong di mo mapigilan uy....Derecho luha ba walang break break.

I maybe far for now, but soon be united with you guys,
who loved me and being there for me all the time.

Until next issue uli miss you all.

Jam