Tuesday, July 24, 2007

B-day Galore (RL & Jam's birthday bash)

Vil @ work
Rommel the brain of QIL
Finish product
The celebrators
Guests of honor...kuno?

A couple of Wednesdays ago, two fellow housemates of mine celebrated their birthday.

I think, now is the time to share my own personal thoughts about what happen that night. But hey, don’t get me wrong, it is something worthy to share about though.

It was an extra special occasion since both are closes to me. The celebration was a hit! Everyone was obviously satisfied with everything the celebrators have to offer, i.e food, videoke, chikahan, picturan, etc.etc, it was picture perfect.

It was actually a collaboration of all the celebrators friends to come up with such a huge party like that. It was a good thing we have effeminate and not so effeminate friends who are all supportive with each one. Friends who have had different talents and creative ideas. And when combine we could come up with a bash, as successful as the one we just had. Even both the celebrators were hands-on in the preparation.

I just couldn’t imagine myself putting such a party like that without friends who are more than willing to lend their ever helping hands. I don’t think it would be feasible for anyone doing all the preparation alone by himself. Especially me, it’s not like I’m big on birthdays anyway. Heck I wouldn’t put too much stock in my own birthday though and I must realize that I am coming from practically zero experience since my knowledge of anything culinary is nil. I know very little about cooking save for the suspicion that it probably involves heat!

Right now I had a few engagements with food preparation, but simple ones. Like a few nights ago I had to cook chicken adobo for dinner by myself with a little help from Mr. M of course, not the direk Mr. M that we all know, but this is another story. Huh!

Going back, it may not be so far-fetched if you plan a celebration almost a month ahead, just like what they did. Then I don’t think we wouldn’t encounter a major problem then, since everything had been plan ahead of time.

What I liked about the party was that everyone was in-the-party-mood; showing off their flamboyant outfits, even those friends of mine whom I know had this little social anxiety disorder of some sort. Hehe. Although I had missed the opening salvo because I had some prior commitment to attend to, I still feel the crowd were really enjoying. People I would like to see were present.

It was really fun!

But to get the real party started was during the “nomo session”. Some guests who were left behind are all excited for this one. Although it took me like forever to used my convincing power and some other friends, just to push thru and make one of the celebrators dream come true that night.….hehe! No such violence ever happened, though there were some dramas as always from each one of us, but hey, thank you, neither one of us were upstaging or stealing scenes from each other, except for one, but I don’t want to elaborate on that. We ended the session all satisfied and sobered up the next day.

It has been a surreal experience for me. Many years from now, I would certainly remember that day. We may have to go on our separate lives, but so such bonding moments when we talk and share dreams are such moments to be cherished. They are the gifts we give each other that really matter, not the material ones. You see how b-day parties like that and the spirit of “nomo” made us all talk no non-sense. This is good to think about these things and remember how far we have come and where we have to go next.

To my friend RL, you’re not just a year older now, but a year better. Like I told you a birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. So Enjoy the trip and I thank you for making us happy last weekend and for showing us the other side of you and thank you yet again from the bottom of my heart, for being such an inspiration. Rock on!

To my sistah Jam, you were absolutely amazing that night. You made us all feel welcomed and u showed us how to throw a real deal party. I’m so proud of you gurl! You keep it up ok!

July 11 and July 12 had definitely been an occasion that did not go to waste!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

july birthday celebrations are history on its own. do you agree with me?

Charmed One said...

iyaan !!!!!!!!!!!

lahat ng cast in attendance puro fresh.........

BoBoT said...

exactly! it has been 2 consec.yrs that we celebrated all the bdays in july with a bang! if u know what i mean. haha!

BoBoT said...

sinabi mo fresh talga..hahahahah

Anonymous said...

nice to know you guys are having fun despite the heat of ksa!!!keep it up!take care bro