Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dancing my butt off....

Rehearsals @ RIS
Rehearsals @ RIS
Ragi performers Ragi performers
a pose w/ our Ragi Prexy Mother R.

It’s been a lot of fun rediscovering all these talents of ours that has been there forever, waiting to be tap. There's just something so addicting and entertaining about putting yourself out there, doing what you love to do for the first time.

Every individual have different talents, may it be singing, painting, script-writing, cooking, speaking, kumain ng buhay na manok, tumulay sa alambre, bumuga ng apoy..hehe or playing basketball of some sort.

Dancing my butt off! That would be something I love to do during my spare time.

Last June I committed myself to something that I liked doing eversince I was a little kid, reviving old good habit. My mom once told me; when I was this little, they would dress me up and let me dance in front of people. I would cry if they’d stop me. My family & relatives has always been there to witness every time I’d be up there onstage performing in school programs or family occasions.

I was always been baffled at how or where I’d get the energy from every time I danced. It might seem impossible to get spirits high enough to last that long, but it’s not. Once I’m out there, u can’t stop me. Imagine, getting up on your feet and still feeling energetic even after that long a time. I don’t know, there’s just something about dancing that makes me wiggle, it makes me feel alive every time I would hear upbeat music. I feel safe. I feel like I’m in my comfort zone on a natural high all the time, knowing that you are with people having & sharing the same interest like you do. We have this certain good vibe that, when we are all together, it spreads like a virus. You will never notice how the hours fly by.

Dancing has never been this much fun!

It’s been like forever since I took time out to dance. The last time I was on a show was December of 2004. It was entitled, “RAGI 2 I believe”. It was not just an ordinary show but a show show, with huge production numbers, big budget and stuff. Thanks to Universal Cargo as our extravagant sponsor..hehe!

When I first came here in Riyadh, I did not hesitate to join a group called RAGI (Riyadh Artist Guild International) spearheaded by no less, Mother R., from a friend’s recommendation. During the past two years being a member of this group, I have gain friends which until now I’d treasure. When I learned that RAGI would be doing another show, I then pictured of just what the show would be like. I was excited. It’s like I’m gonna be seeing friends again, old and new members of RAGI.

It has been a lot of fun in our every rehearsal. Everyone was always on the mood of dancing, everyone was there to enjoy. New routines were learned as well as injecting some old ones to the music. I have learned to like novelty dance routines somehow, although modern jazz has always been my game. And the food was just perfect too!

Moving on, my age has never been a hindrance for me to still like dancing. Infact, my friend JR, who’s always been my idol in dancing, he’s in his late 30’s (no ffense meant ni..hehe...peace!), guess what? He still choreographs our group, the routines he’d come up with and the moves, oh man! You’ll be amazed, you should see him perform! Not to mention he’s easy to work with, no silly arguments at all. Plus, it helped that JR had always been professional when he choreographs in random.

In reality, I dance just for fun. I don’t see myself dancing professionally. I dance being a member of RAGI for community service.

So, go on, get out of your way and dance your butt off too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dancing is really fun especially if you put your heart into it.

BoBoT said...

that's very true. that's i why i liked dancing a lot!

tnx mel!