Monday, July 23, 2007

X = Charmed One + Blog



A few weeks ago, cris a friend of mine viewed my profile at friendster, unexpectedly. I don’t know how he came acrossed at my account since I was using my nickname and very few friends knew about my nickname. Well, at friendster you will never really know who u’ll bump into. Maybe he was checking at his long list of friends at his own account who happen to be my friend as well. Let’s just put it that way.

I met cris a few years ago at a common friends bday party (if my memory serves me right), but we were never formally introduced. I guess we were there just for the food and I wasn’t at all friendly back then. Up until now we were never a friend friend but we are not enemies either. The good thing is, when we bump into each other anywhere like in a party, or any other occasion, we click.

Cris has never been a snob. He always had these fine gestures to anyone & a very pleasant & likeable personality. The last time I saw cris was in a party months ago before he migrated to Al Khobar, we were both invited by a common friend.

Then we started communicating, it’s like making up for the lost time, like old friends do. We send messages at friendster almost everyday. Sometimes our conversations seem to become a bit personal. He opens up with me, as I do to him. We stayed that way for a while and I kind of like it. It all started with hi’s and hello’s.

What struck me most was when he sent me the URL of his blog. He wanted me to go through each of his writings based on his experiences and express my views on it. Which interest and triggered me to create my own blog too @ blogspot, though I had got one for myself at friendster.

I was impressed. It was very well written and well documented, down to its smallest details. But there are some restrictions and reservations from him, never spilling the beans all the way. Though I wanted to know something about his sex life as well as boys. Hehe!

As I go on reading, I have learned a lot of chris, how emotional he is sometimes as a person, who his friends are, the activites he’s done. Most of his blogs goes with images in it. One of my favorite is the evolution of himself wherein he posted pictures of himself during those years when he was younger and skinny and the cris he has become today.

I truly admire people who could muster enough words and sharing personal opinions to everyone about their own experiences, and present state of being. It doesn’t mean that they wanted to draw attention from people, but for me it’s like their way of expressing their minds to and acquire feedbacks, viewpoints and opinions in return, either positive or negative.

A blog is, after all, open to the public to read and respond to. Honestly, I couldn’t come up with words to say about cris’s blog if I didn’t like it at all. But hell no!!!

Chris is one of the 100 million community of bloggers who maintain personal blogs. He may not surpass Xu Jinglei who claims to be the most popular blog in the world but my admiration for the courage, the dedication & the time that he puts into his work will always remain in me.

To chris I truly hope that u would gain wide readership among your friends and stop worrying about the berate thing that you’re telling me. Just do what you think is best of your web log to improve more.

And this blog thing that connects us, hopefully will be the beginning of a great friendship.

I look forward to reading more of your blogs, iyaan!

PS. I have decided that my first post would be about Cris coz if not because of him then I won’t be blogging @ blogspot right now. So yeah, I’m so grateful that X introduces me at blogspot. It’s like giving back the credit were the credit is due. Haha! Goshh. this is gonna be exciting!

3 comments:

Charmed One said...

Touched ako kapatid........

I am looking forward to your future posts. And ofcourse I'm sure there will be more changes and improvements to your blog.

Good luck and welcome to the blogging world.

BoBoT said...

Thanks sistah...

I'm excited on my next post na nga eh.

Wish ko lang i'd be able to do this like religiously and like improve esp. sa layout ko.

I'd love to learn HTML soon.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

you may not cross path more often but as long as the foundation of friendship is strong whatever may come your way there will always a place in your heart the true meaning of friendship.