Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random thoughts (Pieces of me...)

smallville season 6
" notes on a scandal"

There are nights that I just wanted to stay in my bed and like do the things I almost forget on doing because of the busy schedule I had. Last night was one of those nights that i have decided to take a shot on myself. I opted not to work and just do anything outside of the norm. No plans at all.

What comes in my mind right away was to watch smallville. It has been a while since I have indulged myself to watching one of my favorite tv series. Last night, I had the opportunity and so I grabbed it at once. I went on to go for two episodes. The series maybe over in the US, but I couldn’t care less. I had episodes 9 & 10 straightaway from season 6.

Normally, I would watch with my head-set on but last night was different. I watch it using the creative 5.1 surround I bought months ago. You could possibly hear the sound effects roaring like thunder echoing inside our room. It’s amazing! I wonder what my roommates would have thought. I haven’t done that in sooo long a time. Looks like its just ok with them. I heard no one was complaining?

Let me give you a little background on how I started liking smallville. I have been a fan of smallville for a couple of years now. The first time I watch the first episode, I was hooked. It’s like I can’t stop. It has always been the first episode that says it all for me. Then it has become one of the many lists of series I have collected and loved watching. My priceless possession, right X? God it took me like forever to download each episode and sometimes asked from a friend and from a friend’s friend to download it for me.

Each season of smallville brings a lot of excitement each time it comes out in every episode. The show has drama, action, romance, mystery, everything all packed together. The battle between lex and clark makes it even more exciting; the love triangle between the characters. The non stop twists in every season and stories on some episode like “lexmas” for example.

Aside from watching Smallville last night. I couldn’t content myself but to watch the movie highly recommended by my friend chay (another tv series and movie addict); entitled “Notes on a scandal”. Oh boy, the movie must have put me on a nostalgic mode. I could somehow relate to the story 8 years ago. I was greatly deluded by myself back then. But I chose the high road instead and never looked back again. Some experienced worthy to be left behind and learned from it.

“Notes on a scandal” became an instant hit on me. I have decided it would be included in my all time favorite lists of movies.

The movie has an emotional center, lust, jealousy, revenge in a form of friendship, that’s what makes it work. The display of acting talent between Judi and Cate was superb. No other actress I think could pull it off but the two. Their performance was completely credible. For me, they are the epitome of fine actors that every actor should imitate. If I could rate the movie in a scale of 1-10, I give it a 9.

I was just explicably drawn with my bed last night. I felt the connection I haven’t feel in a long time. There have been so many things that my bed and I shared.

If beds could just talk!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

have only seen bits and pieces of smallville.

but i'll ask my bro to get a copy of notes on a scandal. mukhang intriguing ang title *lol* i like the word "revenge." it is so powerful! kasi yan ang gusto kong gawin kay ex-best. hmmm, ok ok... i can just imagine you telling me, "maldita ka talaga j."

mukhang series marathon ka sa wkend mo ha. enjoy!

i'm off to work.

ingatz

Anonymous said...

i saw the One Tree Hill Series that you sent through armon last weekend, ang ganda! eyelavet!

dami pa natitira, marathon na naman ako.

BoBoT said...

ewan ko ba J, ang daming mga tv series na magaganda and smallville is just one of those series that i really really liked.

yah, highly recommended ang notes of a scandal. watch mo xa!

nasa ranco ako nung weekend diba. i watch one episode lng of greys anatomy.

BoBoT said...

told yah. lovely talga ang OTH.

tc of the dvds charmed ha...hehehe!

priceless possession remember...lolz

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BoBoT said...

told yah. lovely talga ang OTH.

tc of the dvds charmed ha...hehehe!

priceless possession remember...lolz

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BoBoT said...

told yah. lovely talga ang OTH.

tc of the dvds charmed ha...hehehe!

priceless possession remember...lolz

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

Basta ako loyal fan! Sex and the city, for life. :) I also watched before Six feet under, Queer as Folks, America's Next Top Model saka syempre, Charmed. TV Seies becomes the new movies in our new fast phased world. People seem to get bored out of waiting for movies to come, now they want something peiodic, something edgy yet remaining fresh with new things to watch, thats what makes a good Series, I guess? :)

BoBoT said...

ok gud luck sa ka okleran na mga tv series mark-it..hehe