Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Birthday Bash (With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls, we slept)









It’s official I am now a year older than before. Waaaahhhhhh!

I always feel powerful whenever it’s my birthday. Most people would do whatever I request from them since most of them don’t have a gift..hehe and all they could do is provide me with whatever insane (not really that insane as u may think) thing I want. Hehe! I recently asked a lot of my friends to get together and help me with all the preparations for my big day. Though it has always been like that everytime a member of our circle of friends would celebrate anything.

I would assign one for the decoration, one for marketing, one for the cooking and setting up of the venue. I actually thought that my celebration wouldn’t pull through because of the sooo many things I had in mine. It’s like I usually questioned my capacity to put up such a huge party like that. You just had to consider so many things not to mention it was my first time to prepare quite a celebration ever.

I was totally wrong; all my friends were all supportive of me. From the smallest details to the most complicated ones. I was completely touched by their concerned and how they were involved with everything. Blows me away!

It was a last minute decision that is why I didn’t have the time to invite quite a lot of people.

I am sooo thankful that everything went well. It was a bit awkward at first because we were few, although some of the early birds were busy with the videoke and enjoying each other’s company. But I eventually got past it.

I was actually feeling sad because I sooo much wanted all my close friends to be together and the dinner might not push through because of the freakin’ show at the embassy. But hell no, for me it was a very successful celebration. I never would have thought everyone would be there and supported me all the way and everyone seems to be in a great mood.

You guys are worthy to mention. I could never thank you enough!

To Rommel & Allan; for the food preparation; for being the Ysabella’s and masters of the kitchen, enduring all the heat as much as you could. I was floored. I could not have done it all without you guys.

To Anita & Poch; for accompanying me with the marketing. With a limited budget, you two made it look easy and squeezed everything all up.

To Vil; once again you amazed me with your talent in arts. Wow! The decoration and design was done creatively. It just made the pictures looked more perfect! Thank you!

To Chinchin; for showing up early to helped in the prep and decoration. The b-day message board was just good enough. Thank you chin! You definitely deserve to be the heiress of my thrown (nasaan ang korona?). Hehehe! Chikka!

To Jam; the electronic queen; for lending me all the electronics (projector, Mediacom, lightings, etc) you could possibly set-up. It made the celebration much more alive. Thank you sistah!

To Ram; for the sumptuous corn/chicken soup you prepared. It was definitely a treat.

To Marco; for assisting us in everything during the preparation, better late than never.

To Wally; for being our runner every time we would need anything lacking in the kitchen.

To all my friends who shared with me their blessings, I thank you guys.

To Chris; who came all the way from Al Khobar, for the Zara shirt u gave me, it was perfect.

To Robert; thanks for the cutie stuffed toy and a limited edition polo shirt from bell labs. The native box is very very cute. I could use that to put all my aboubuts.

To RL; for the jersey gift u gave me and the advanced bday gift - stuffed toy you gave me months ago, I know how much you are attached to it, but still u gave it; means a lot to me.

To Dra. Allen; thanks for the ube cake. Sobrang sarap. Blockbuster kaagad xa. And thanks for the chaser & softdrinks.

To Dave; thank you. U made us all look tipsy or more, that night. Hehe! And thank you for the life-size poster you made for me. Tell Jon thanks din.

To Ice & Peggy; thanks for the stuffed toy. I liked the color combination, though!

To cuz Marlon; for the wonderful gift u gave me. It was such a big help! Thanks cuz.

To Jam, Roy & Wally; thanks for the cake, means a lot to me too.

To Mike, Jun & Matt; thanks for the cake. Pilitan ito..hahahah!

To my family in the Philippines for all the messages/greetings. To my manang neng in the UK, thanks for the message!

And to everyone who were present at my celebration. You just made my day all so memorable and a fun-filled one. From-the-bottom-of-my-broken-heart, thank you!

Time really flies so fast. I am now 31. I may not be in the calendar next year anymore, but I’m proud of it. It just makes me get old all worth it.

Finally, I thanked God for giving me everything.

With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls, we slept!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful,wonderful,wonderful!!i love the pix bro..hell yeah age doesn't really matter,what counts is how you aged (tama ba?).was waiting for the pix of your big day and finally here they are.sana lagay mo sa friendster mo at ng magrab ko.sori nga pala to disappoint you duon sa request mo.you know me naman di ba? i hate saying no to you but i have no choice...you know what i mean.
i say my thanks to all your friends too, it keeps me happy to know that you have them to lean on to anytime.by the way don't be broken-hearted,we love you and many people loves you too..

BoBoT said...

thanks manang. dont wori i'll send u more pix nxt time. i'm trying to retrieve pa the files sa pc ko. nag crash kc xa. i had lots of really nice pix in there pa naman taken last thursday. sana maayos na pc ko.
cge ipost ra nako sa friendster soon.
tnx again!
mwah

BoBoT said...

thanks manang. dont wori i'll send u more pix nxt time. i'm trying to retrieve pa the files sa pc ko. nag crash kc xa. i had lots of really nice pix in there pa naman taken last thursday. sana maayos na pc ko.
cge ipost ra nako sa friendster soon.
tnx again!
mwah

Anonymous said...

yippieee, i finally got to see your bday photos. you even had a poster size photo. parang piolo ang dating *hihihi* para kang nagdebut :) glad to know you had fun.

"we turn not older with years but newer every day." emily dickenson

ingatz

BoBoT said...

tnx J. i'll post more pix soon!

miss yah...

Anonymous said...

everybody get older but what is really important is how you get old? it can be seen thru your aura that despites the obstacles you've been through it reflects that you get old gracefully kaya nga sister tayo eh. hahaha