Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Goodbye is not forever....



Saying goodbye to a friend whom you have known for years is hard. It is even more harder knowing and realizing that they would not be coming back and you will never know where and when at this four corners of the world you would see each other again.

Months ago, tresh, a friend of mine had to bid us goodbye. After years of uncomplicated, enjoyable, fruitful, all-the-drama, RAGI, QIL, volleyball, boys-hunting, he finally decided to go exit for good, which I think would be good for him career-wise.

I have known tresh for years; we became roommates for a while. I saw him grow, change and evolve into a fine person but always keeping his feet on the ground and an always friendly attitude. Though we parted ways and leave on a different house, our friendship still lingers on no matter what. The group has always been intact, our communication has never cut-off. This is what I like about us.

When I learned that tresh would be leaving, I was like surprise & sad but I was happy for I know that he would be better-off leaving our not-so-humane company and venture to another career in Qatar where exciting new opportunities and challenges awaits him there. Though, it would be a new job, new environment, new-friends-to-meet, tresh would never have a problem with that knowing how friendly and down-to-earth a person he truly is.

Prior to his flight, the night before, we had dinner with a few friends. That was really memorable coz some of our friends close to us was there. I had to report late at work and bribe KL with “pansit” for that.

The last time our group bond was during our QIL meeting, we would watched this coming of age MM movie while pig out carbonara cooked by our Madam PO. It was so much fun.

Personally, I am not really good at saying goodbye. Esp. to those friends who you trusted the most and that you know u can always count on them. It may sound melodramatic but that’s the truth.

Before I went to sleep I texted tresh, I told him ‘bout how I looked at our friendship during the last two years. I thanked him for all the things he has done for me during those two years.

At the airport I was even more sadder. There’s just something about airports that makes me feel sad and I started to ask, why do people have to leave? Why do they have to run away from their friends? They leave, they come back. They leave, they come back. Leave, leave, leave and would never come back again. They say people come and go, friends come and go. I guess the old saying that "all good things must come to an end" is true. Well this maybe true, but it’s always the memories with the person tops it all.

Each of us gave tresh a hug, each hug that would mean everything like goodluck, take care, enjoy life, more boys to come, be happy, someday soon we would see each other again for we are leaving in a small world etc, etc., depending on what was in everyone’s mind at that moment.

Everyone had mixed emotions as we head home.


2 comments:

Charmed One said...

we all have the same fate here as OFWs. We work, meet friends, and we all must leave for someplace else or for home.

lets treasure time together.

Anonymous said...

i can relate to that.i have been there and than that.maybe will be doing it again in the future.chris is right in every way..you know naman we have to seek greener pasture and if the place you're in is not green anymore we have to move on while we are still young and able especially as oppurtunity will only knock ones and we have to listen quitely for the world has gone so noisy..friends will remain friends no matter how far we go..what is naay nay friendster davah!sistah neneng to the rescue hehehe