Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Insensitivity and Broken Promises

Have you ever made a promise to yourself or to someone and never have kept it? Never ever thinking what could have been the outcome should you keep your promise or not. Who doesn’t? I guess almost everyone does. Like myself, people tend to make promises. They promise. They break it. They promise. They break it. Once you’ve done it, most likely you’ll do it again and again and again. It’s like, Oppss…you’ve done it again!

The word is usually often abused not knowing what could have been the effect on them. Maybe some of you would argue with me and may totally disagree. But my point is, when someone made a promise to you and shouts to the open and you sort of like expect it BIGTIME, you stick to the person’s words, then it turn out that person has done nothing, it’s a total devastation, that’s for sure. Not knowing what would be the reason why that person has turn his back on you. Then you start asking yourself why? Do you really deserve these things to happen to you? Does this mean that we as a human being have this bad side in us, i.e. being insensitive to the feelings of others, etc.?

Somehow, I guess it is how you handle broken promises! How u deal with the person and how you take it.

If you would ask me, I too had my fair share of a broken promise. Honestly, I couldn’t take it pretty well. Usually I become too emotional. I felt like I despise the person who’s done it. No matter how casual I am to talk to the person, that it’s ok what he’s done and that we all make mistake blah blah, it always shows how I truly feel deep inside. I think I may not really that good of hiding emotions. But what the heck! I’ll cry it out whenever I liked to, but behind close doors. I wouldn’t show physically that I was affected but emotionally, instead.

Overall, for me it’s sort of like a lesson learned to not to expect too much from anyone. Just lower your expectations and let it be. Just let the person realize along the way that he’s done something wrong.

I may have promise and broke it, but I accepted it, that it was a mistake I have done.

But some questions remain;

Why do people always have to give false hope? Why do people make promises and eventually break that promise? Questions, so many questions that lead to more questions and left answered, hoping that the answers to those questions are just blowing in the wind.

No comments: