Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The journey, music & me....



I was on my way to the office this morning feeling exhausted and muzzy thinking about yesterday’s load of work and the things that took place.

Having to work day and night seems to be tiring, my body wants to quit but my mind is so much willing.

Last night I slept around 12MN. Before hitting bed, I browse the net for a few minutes trying to check what’s the latest buzz on my favorite website that would be of Justin and Britney of course. This websites are like a therapy to me, they keep me entertain and for a moment there, I could only dream I am a celebrity being famous at that, minus the chasing paparazzi. When I feel like I was content with what I was reading, I turned my pc off and I lie down trying to find my sleep, the moment my back hit my bed I felt drowsy, the next thing I know my alarm was ringing so loud trying to wake me up, its already 7AM.

I had to be up, prepare and get ready. I didn’t really care if I was going to be late for work (ok, I do care, just a little) and had to deal with the traffic. All I know is that I have all the time in the world to do my thing, like any usual mornings I have but sometimes unusual if I’d wake up at the wrong side of my bed.

All set as I could be, I was on the street corner a few blocks away from Riyadh zoo while waiting for a taxi to drive me to work. After a couple of minutes of waiting a Pakistani driver was blowing his horn trying to catch my attention. And so I let myself in. When I was inside the taxi, what struck me most was the music that has been playing all throughout our journey. The sounds seem so loud and this Arabic singer keeps singing at the top of her lungs with an irky irritating voice. But little did I know halfway to our journey in the middle of a traffic jam I was humming the tune in a capellish (if that’s a word) tone and my feet was like dancing to it. I couldn’t believe I was liking what I hear as the music continuously playing. It prevented me from drowsing off keeping me mentally alert, which is a good thing.

These all boils down to the kind of music I listen, ranging from pop to rnb, to power ballads, pop- rock, to hiphop, to acoustic and the latest Arabic (I thought of borrowing cd’s from my friend marco, he has huge collection ) and how music plays a vital role in our daily life, whether we realize it or not. Music, being an expression of sentiments and feelings.

When we are inlove, we listen to music about love. It’s like our way of communicating to the one’s we love. When we are mad or stress or bored or when you feel that your day is flagging, we listen to music. Overall, the music we listen to affects our feelings, mood, and even our attitude and efficiency.

Moving on, a few meters away to my destination, I thanked the Pakistani driver for introducing me to Arabic music which I eventually learned to liked, never mind about the tiny winy voice of the singer, never mind if I couldn’t understand what the song is about.

With that, I gave him an extra fee of SR5 to show my appreciation, as we reach Al Faisaliah Tower as I bid him goodbye.

4 comments:

Charmed One said...

galante ate ko.......

wala akong masabi.

tip kung tip.

BoBoT said...

hindi maxado ate, kumpara xo...hahahahah

Anonymous said...

wow ha 5 riyals!!!ano ba nabibili ko nyan dati?hmmmmm....kubos, itlog, grapes, fresh milk softdrinks, ang dami!!!how i miss the simple life hahahah!!!nangneng

BoBoT said...

yeah i think food is cheap here in ksa. dami ng nabibili sa sr5..hehe!