Monday, August 6, 2007

Systems alert; computer will self-destruct in 5 secs...

grrrrrrrrrr....
my personal it support..hehe

A few days ago I felt so left-out when my computer started to malfunction and eventually crash-down. It’s like everytime I open a particular application like YM, it gives a message saying that the application has encounter an error, the same prob when I open IE. Not just that, it’s like the error message pops up all the time and what’s more disappointing was that the machine shuts itself down.

It was like double the trouble, a total disaster. I couldn’t really figure out what was the problem with the system. But what I remember was that I have gone through the same problem with my pc before but not as complicated as this one right now.

I couldn’t help but feel left out, as if the world was so out of reach. 2 days of no access to the internet was a headache. U don’t know what’s going on with the world. U won’t be able to update yourself, missing your favorite website that has become a part of your daily routine.

Then you feel the importance of internet in today’s society. I could never imagine life without the worldwide web this time. I just can’t live without it. Gosshh, me being an internet freak. I can spend like hours online. I can e-mail, do some research, chat with my bro back home in PI & my sis in the UK, meet friends and sometimes shop online and like ride with my friends credit card. I do all this stuff in just one sitting. The internet has so much to offer, really.

But I can still remember how we used to do things before the internet came along, i.e, handwritten letters via snail mail with all those colorful stamps of your choice. It is so different now compared to yesteryears. Nowadays, all these stuff can be done at home.

So much for that, then came my knight in shining armor, Archie. He is like my personal IT Support, my friend, my chat mate, my love counselor, my office mate and a lot more. Whether it’s hardware or software, archie is the man for that. He is much more affluent with knowledge of computers more than I am. Archie has always been “to the rescue” everytime I have trouble with my computer, well not just me but quite a few of my colleagues, actually. He’s like a doctor who’s always “on call” (I could only imagine what would be his reaction the moment he reads this..hehe).

After a tumultuous, oh-so-chaotic, overhauling and loads of patience fixing my computer (he almost sprinkled my CPU with hot coffee, actually..hahahaha) and after a few trial and errors, he finally catch the thieves and fix it. I won’t go into details anymore, but the problem was in the hardware, only Archie could understand. Now, everything has been running smoothly and like I WB myself to the WWW.

I should have taken care of my computer that much and do some upgrade, but it’s never too late. Thanks to Archie and his undeniable know-how in computers.

To end, I’d like to quote my friend Rommel at his speech during the Area Toastmasters Humurous Speech Contest a few months ago which goes; “In the absence of this device one will be deprived of many things in the cyber world, first and foremost the use of internet which is considered as the information superhighway”.



4 comments:

Charmed One said...

can you still imagine your lfie without computers?

im sure your life will never be the same without computers.

BoBoT said...

true value..i couldn't agree more inday...

Anonymous said...

hey gurl thanks for quoting me on this article. sayang lang at lost pa rin ang lola mo. nagpipilit kaseng magpakaimpromptu di naman kaya. hahaha but what matter me most that competition. i made everybody laugh, as in laugh to the maximum level talaga. 'coz it turned out to be a stand-up comedy. someone approached me after the presentation and said you made the house upside-down. you are a rare breed not everybody can do what you just did. tumbling ba naman ang lola mo sa stage sino ba naman ang di tatawa non. hahaha but seriously though i did not win with such comment i feel i'm the winner 'coz it was not just one but more than the count of our fingers. taray diba! next year if i'm still in riyadh i will join again if the club will allow me. hahaha

BoBoT said...

yeah i feel u mel.

sabi nga nila, it's really hard to make people laugh. what u have done was exceptional. i hope that we could go back in toastmasters soon and compete again. and this time we'll gonna win...confident ito..hehe!

tnx sa comment!