Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lesson learned...


NOTE:
You might be wondering about the date of this post. It was actually my old post at friendster and I just wanted to share and remind myself just about what happened to me last april 24. It was definitely a lesson learned.


Today is Tuesday the 24th of April 2007 and it was like an ordinary day for me.

I had sandwich for breakfast at Max’s cafeteria at the basement 1 of Al Faisaliah tower with Mr. M, like any regular day. Mr. A was not with us for some reason.

We had a little chat, sharing ideas, and sometimes gossip about just anything, from interesting to not-so-interesting topic we could ever think of, as I was trying to enjoy & finish my sandwich. After that, we would walk ourselves to the elevator and proceed to L6 of AFT, quarter before 8. Just in time for our regular working hours of 8am to 6pm.

At the office, like any normal day, I had to do my daily task entrusted to me, the regular updates on tax filings for one, April being tax filing month, chasing accountants, managers and partners. It wasn’t really hard at all, but doing the same thing everyday gets into my nerves and it bores me too sometimes. But do I ever have a choice? I guess, no!!! What we could ever do is complain about our job. But the truth is, we are afraid of losing our jobs.

Half-past twelve, Mr. A and I had our lunch (catered by our official caterer MJ) at the service room of EY, 30 min. earlier from our official break of 1PM. This time Mr. M wasn’t with us for some reason. (Don’t worry; I’ll get use to the situation in time, but for a moment I wish I could be in two places at once)

I don’t remember following the 1 o’clock break eversince I started working with EY. although sometimes we would eat our lunch at the food court of AFT mall or at KFC, if we have the means.

It was supposed to be a normal day for me, but I was totally wrong. It all started when I got a txt message from Mr. M telling me that we should complete our daily attendance sheet that we have miss filling out everyday as instructed to him by Mr. EY. As soon as I got the message I went directly to the reception area of EY where the attendance sheet was with and started filling out the dates that I have missed. And this small meeting room just beside the reception area was closed with a tag hanging at the door “meeting in progress”, guess what? I don’t know what’s gotten into me that I unconsciously open the door realizing that there was somebody inside. Suddenly, this big boss went out of the room and like shouted at me, right into my blushing face telling me this and that. I could still remember his lines vividly “can’t u read what’s written in there, don’t you ever open this door ever again if you see this (pointing at the tag outside of the door)” he was like saying it to me over and over again, i countered him and quick to say I’m sorry 3 many times, as he went back inside.

I guess I just wasn’t able to control my reflexes that’s why I did that. I was a little embarrassed by the situation although quite a few people was there to witness, trying to compose myself right back.

What lesson I have learned today was to never open any door especially if you do not know whose inside. I mean any door…hahahaha!!! You may not know what’s going on behind that door.

Definitely, today was no ordinary day for me!

No comments: